RACGP Accredited GP Education
Clinical Pathway Pain Management Education Series
The importance of a collaborative approach to chronic pain is vital in improving the lives of the 3.24 million Australians living with this debilitating condition. GPs are at the front line to this endemic with 1 in 5 GP consultations involving patients with chronic pain.
Northern Pain Centre is committed to assisting with the improvement of best-practice chronic pain management. The importance of this has been highlighted in the “The cost of pain in Australia Report” for PainAustralia:
“Based on a previous intervention by NPS MedicineWise, a specialist-designed and led education program for general practitioners (GPs) should result in around a 25% improvement in best-practice chronic pain management by GPs.”
The cost of pain in Australia Report for Painaustralia by Lynne Pezzullo, Lead Partner, Health Economics and Social Policy, Deloitte Access Economics (4 April 2019 )
Northern Pain Centre and North Shore Private had the privilege of collaborating with almost 80 General Practitioners in Module 1: Mechanical Back Pain, of our Clinical Pathway GP Education Series “Managing Back Pain – beyond medication”. We are now excited to launch “Module 2: Neuropathic Back and Leg Pain”. This module will look at identifying and assessing neuropathic back and leg pain, preliminary investigations and initial GP management and when referral is an appropriate option.
Module 2: Neuropathic Back and Leg Pain
- Thursday 12th September: The Hotel Urban “Yang Room”, 6.30pm registration, 7-9pm (4 CPD)
- Thursday 14th November: The Sebel “The Waterside Suits”, 6.30pm registration, 7-9pm (4 CPD)
- Thursday 21st November: The Hills Lodge “The Library”, 6.30pm registration, 7-9pm (4 CPD)
To learn more art RSVP
- Visit the North Shore Private GP Education website
- Contact us via email or call us on 9439 6456
- If you would like to attend please RSVP here