Northern Pain Centre and COVID-19 April 2021
COVID-19 and Northern Pain Centre Patients
Northern Pain Centre is committed to the safety and health of our patients and the greater community. We are currently adhering to all guidelines being issued by the Australian Government, NSW Department of Health and World Health Organisation, to ensure we minimise the spread of COVID-19 and ensure the safety of our patients.
Prior to arriving at Northern Pain Centre
Please read and follow the below precautions, in accordance with the NSW Department of Health and World Health Organisation guidelines:
- If you have travelled to any of the known NSW hotspots in the last 14 days, you should self isolate yourself from others for 14 days from the day you returned and monitor yourself for symptoms
- If you have been overseas in the last 14 days, you should self isolate yourself from others for 14 days from the day you returned or arrived from overseas and monitor yourself for symptoms.
- NSW Health recommends that anyone with respiratory symptoms (shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, cough), sore throat, loss of sense of smell or taste, or unexplained fever (≥37.5) should be tested for COVID-19. Other reported symptoms of COVID-19 include fatigue, runny nose, muscle pain, joint pain, diarrhoea, nausea/vomiting and loss of appetite. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia with severe acute respiratory distress. If you have any concerns, please call your doctor or healthdirect on 1800 022 222.
- If you have any of the above symptoms please inform our rooms by telephone prior to your appointment and we will reschedule your appointment.
- If you require the assistance of a support person to attend your appointment, please inform our rooms by telephone prior to your appointment to discuss how we can assist you, so as to minimise risk to your support person.
- We ask that you maintain the NSW Department of Health’s Guidelines for prevention of transmission of COVID-19
- We ask that you maintain the NSW Department of Health’s Guidelines for social distancing
When you arrive at Northern Pain Centre
- We ask that you only attend the clinic if you have a scheduled appointment with a member of our team
- We ask that all relatives and friends wait outside Northern Pain Centre on the seating provided
- We ask that you fill out the Patient Screening Questionnaire for COVID-19
- We ask that you use the alcohol-based hand sanitiser provided
- We ask that only 3 people be in the Northern Pain Centre waiting room at a time
- We ask that you maintain the 1.5 metre distance between yourself and others
- We ask that you minimise the time spent prior to and after your scheduled appointment
- We ask that you bring a mask with you to your appointment
- Visit the NSW Department of Health website here
- Contact the National Coronavirus Health Information Line 1800 020 080
- Refer to the COVID-19 – Advice for the NSW community
- Visit the World Health Organisation website here
- COVID-19 Resources here
- Social Distancing Fact Sheet here
- COVID-19 FAQs Fact Sheet here
- COVID-19 What You Need To Know Fact Sheet here
- COVID-19 Information for Public Transport Use Fact Sheet here
- COVID-19 Information for Older Adults Fact Sheet here