COVID-19 and Northern Pain Centre Patients
Northern Pain Centre is committed to the safety and health of our patients and the greater community. We are currently adhering to all guidelines being issued by the NSW Department of Health and Ramsay Health to ensure we minimise the spread of the Delta and Omicron variant of COVID-19 and ensure the safety of our patients.
Our Pain Specialists and Allied Health providers continue to offer both face to face and telehealth consultations. Patients are invited to call us if they have any questions.
Prior to arriving at Northern Pain Centre
Please read and follow the below precautions, in accordance with the NSW Department of Health guidelines:
- If you are concerned about attending your appointment in person, please ring our staff to organise a Telehealth appointment.
- NSW Health recommends that anyone with respiratory symptoms (shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, cough), sore throat, loss of sense of smell or taste, or unexplained fever (≥37.5) should be tested for COVID-19. Other reported symptoms of COVID-19 include fatigue, runny nose, muscle pain, joint pain, diarrhoea, nausea/vomiting and loss of appetite. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia with severe acute respiratory distress. If you have any concerns, please call your doctor or healthdirect on 1800 022 222.
- If you have any of the above symptoms please inform our rooms by telephone prior to your appointment and we will reschedule your appointment.
- If you require the assistance of a support person to attend your appointment, please inform our rooms by telephone prior to your appointment to discuss how we can assist you, so as to minimise risk to your support person.
- We ask that you maintain the NSW Department of Health’s Guidelines for prevention of transmission of COVID-19
- We ask that you maintain the NSW Department of Health’s Guidelines for social distancing
When you arrive at Northern Pain Centre
- We ask that you only attend the clinic if you have a scheduled appointment with a member of our team
- North Shore Private Hospital and NPC ask that only patients with scheduled appointments enter the building. Patient companions are to remain outside the hospital building. Patients who require a support person to attend with them are kindly asked to call the rooms prior to their appointment to discuss arrangements with our admin team.
- We ask that you scan the QR code at the door to NPC prior to entering
- We ask that you use the alcohol-based hand sanitiser provided
- We ask that only 3 people be in the Northern Pain Centre waiting room at a time
- We ask that you maintain the 1.5 metre distance between yourself and others
- We ask that you minimise the time spent prior to and after your scheduled appointment
- We ask that you wear a mask at all times whilst within the clinic
If you are going for a day procedure at North Shore Private Hospital
Prior to your admission to North Shore Private Hospital for your procedure, please read the following, as issued by Ramsay Health:
- Symptomatic patients for admission, regardless of vaccination status should have a PCR and not a RAT
- Asymptomatic patients identified as a close contact regardless of vaccination status who require overnight admission require a PCR and not a RAT
- Patients who have recovered from COVID do not require a RAT or PCR for 30 days
Please note if Rapid Antigen Tests are limited, high risk patients will be prioritised within North Shore Private Hospital.
- Visit the NSW Department of Health website here
- Contact the National Coronavirus Health Information Line 1800 020 080
- Refer to the COVID-19 – Advice for the NSW community
- Visit the World Health Organisation website here
- COVID-19 Resources here
- Social Distancing Fact Sheet here
- COVID-19 FAQs Fact Sheet here
- COVID-19 What You Need To Know Fact Sheet here
- COVID-19 Information for Public Transport Use Fact Sheet here
- COVID-19 Information for Older Adults Fact Sheet here